🔌Who’s in Charge…
My son and I recently embarked on an electric adventure around our cul-de-sac. While I cruised on my e-bike, he navigated his electric Jeep. However, we realized that the Jeep could benefit from some upgrades, particularly in terms of rubber tires and power. If you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them!
Why spend hours browsing multiple websites and articles for the latest EV updates? We’ve got you covered! Our team is dedicated to bringing you the most captivating and up-to-date electric vehicle stories, all in 5 minutes or less. Stay informed and save time with our quick, yet comprehensive, EV news roundup.
“Design must be functional and functionality must be translated into visual aesthetics, without any reliance on gimmicks that have to be explained.”
– Ferdinand Porsche
Most EVs Quiz
Who sold the most EVs in the world in Q1 2023?
What’s the Poll?
With 40% of the votes, 300-400 miles of range came in first place in our poll on Thursday. 54% said over 300 miles. Ya’ll are driving a ton.
Some notable comments included:
“300 is ideal. If one is to charge to 80% on a long trip, 240 miles makes me comfortably in all conditions. ”
“I want an EV that gets more than 500 highway miles going about 75 mph. This will get me to my grandkids without charging.”
“If you charge at home, 250 miles is far more than most people drive in a day. Smaller battery is cheaper, less weight and faster charge. ”
Free Rivian… Merch
It’s almost over. We will pick a winner at the end of April. The winner gets to pick out any single item on Rivian’s Gear Shop for up to $50. To be entered, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter
- Forward the newsletter to two friends and have them subscribe.
Top 10 EV News Stories (in no particular order)
- The 2025 Porsche 718 Cayman/Boxster is set to be Porsche’s first electric sports car and is expected to debut early next year and go on sale in fall 2024. The 718 EV’s pricing will start near $80,000.
- Volkswagen Group advances its North American EV strategy by building PowerCo SE’s largest gigafactory in St. Thomas, Ontario, with an investment of up to €4.8 billion and potentially creating 3,000 jobs.
- Wassym Bensaid, the Senior Vice President of Software Development at Rivian, provided some valuable insights into the software team’s guiding principles and upcoming improvements.
- The Ram 1500 REV offers the fastest charging among EV pickup trucks, with 10 minutes of charging time providing 110 miles of range at a DC charging station. Its closest competitor is the Chevy Silverado EV, which adds 100 miles in 10 minutes.
- BYD plans to construct a $290-million lithium cathode factory in Chile, producing 50,000 tonnes of LFP per year, starting operations in 2025, and generating 500 jobs.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
EPG is a staffing and recruiting company that is 100% focused on helping electric and autonomous vehicle clients hire the best people through their industry and product-specific expertise. To learn more, you can contact our CEO, Joe Rooney at Joe@EPGAmerica.com or schedule time on his calendar.