Rivian Auction Sales 🛻
This past weekend, we drove the Lightning to the picturesque surroundings of Pine, Colorado, where we were greeted by near-perfect weather conditions. Despite the mild winds, the temperatures were just right. The Lightning effortlessly navigated the winding mountain roads. It’s always amusing to observe the bewildered expressions on people’s faces as they walk past the open frunk and notice the absence of an engine. This never loses its charm and consistently proves to be an engaging conversation starter.
“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
Rivian R1T Sales
Bring a Trailer is a captivating platform for several reasons. Firstly, it provides an opportunity to admire exquisite cars that are often unattainable for most. Secondly, the platform offers valuable historical sales data, setting it apart from other car-selling websites.
Consider the Rivian R1T as an example. The first R1T auctioned on Bring a Trailer fetched $119,000 in April 2022, while the latest one garnered around $80,000 in March. The average price for the last 10 sales stands at $81,651. Some notable statistics include:
- A total of 38 Rivian R1Ts have been listed on Bring a Trailer
- 32 were successfully sold, while 6 failed to meet the reserve price
- The highest price paid was $119,000, and the lowest was $73,000
- A brand new R1T with a dual-motor and large battery pack costs approximately $79,000
As of this newsletter’s publication, no R1Ts are available for sale on Bring a Trailer. Typically, newly-released vehicles see their prices surge initially, followed by a decline and eventual stabilization. In this case, the trend line appears to level off around the $80,000 mark, which is right around the cost of a brand-new one. Naturally, the most significant uncertainty when ordering a new R1T is the delivery timeline, which remains somewhat unpredictable. This intriguing data serves as an excellent resource for those considering purchasing a pre-owned EV or simply curious about auction prices.
Free Rivian Merch
Don’t forget about our giveaway. We’ll pick a winner at the end of April. The winner gets to pick out any single item on Rivian’s Gear Shop for up to $50. To be entered, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter
- Forward the newsletter to two friends and have them subscribe
More EV News
- In the first quarter of 2023, Tesla experienced significant growth, with a 36% increase in deliveries compared to the same period last year. The company’s production and delivery report demonstrates its ongoing dominance in the EV market, showing no signs of slowing down.
- PT Vale Indonesia, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co., and Ford Motor Co. have formed a partnership to revolutionize sustainable nickel production in Indonesia, making EV batteries more affordable.
- Considering an electric van for your upcoming move? Ryder aims to make this a reality by adding 4,000 BrightDrop Zevo 600 and Zevo 400 electric vans to its lease and rental fleet by 2025, beginning with a preliminary order of 200 this year. This initiative is designed to meet the rising demand for commercial electric vehicles in the transportation and logistics industries while helping customers accelerate their sustainability goals.
- Rivian recently reaffirmed its production guidance of 50,000 vehicles for the year, while Amazon announced it now has 3,000 Rivian EDV vans in its fleet. Additionally, Rivian has reported strong Q1 delivery numbers with 9,395 vehicles produced and 7,946 vehicles delivered.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
EPG is a staffing and recruiting company that is 100% focused on helping electric and autonomous vehicle clients hire the best people through their industry and product-specific expertise. To learn more, you can contact our CEO, Joe Rooney at Joe@EPGAmerica.com or schedule time on his calendar.