Class 8 🚚
Part of our team attended the ACT Expo this week, and it’s been astonishing to witness the event’s growth over time. The increasing focus on EVs and AVs is truly remarkable.
We appreciate your support, and if you know someone interested in EVs/AVs or working in the industry, please share this newsletter with them. We strive to keep it concise and informative, so you stay updated without spending too much time.
Let’s dive in!
On Track- Rivian 2023
How many EVs does Rivian anticipate producing this year?
The answer is here.
Summer Road Trip
I’m planning a trip to Moab, Utah this summer with my family. It’s not easy to arrange everything with different schedules and preferences. All I want to do is ride my Sur-Ron and enjoy the scenery. I’m thinking of getting an electric ATV for my son. He’s 4 years old. Do you think that’s a good idea? Any suggestions for a suitable model?
In the poll on Tuesday, 72% of you said you were going on a road trip. That’s incredible. Some of the destinations included Santa Fe, Wisconsin, Utah, and a 650-mile trip to Charleston, SC. Sounds like some fun trips.
Boom! Our Top 10ish EV/AV News Stories (in no particular order)
- Kodiak Robotics introduces the first autonomous electric class 8 truck, upfitting a Peterbilt Model 579EV with the company’s self-driving technology, set to join their fleet in 2024.
- Volvo has updated its fully electric C40 Recharge and XC40 Recharge models for the 2024 model year to offer more range. The updated models feature a more energy-dense battery and an efficient electric motor that allows the C40 Recharge and XC40 Recharge to achieve up to 297 and 293 miles of range respectively.
- Ford’s Q1 report shows the progress of Ford Model e, a startup-like division that creates innovative electric vehicles and digital features for the whole product range. Ford is investing wisely to increase the production of popular EVs, such as the Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and E-Transit.
- In April 2023, NIO delivered 6,658 vehicles, a 31.2% YoY increase, and debuted the All-New ES6 smart electric SUV at the Shanghai Auto Show, with plans to launch it in late May.
- Alfa Romeo is planning to release a full-size all-electric SUV in the United States around 2027 as part of their goal to sell only electric vehicles by 2027
- Sweden plans to construct a 13-mile charging road, E-20, between Hallsberg and Örebro to power heavy vehicles’ batteries, with construction starting in 2025; however, the charging method is yet to be decided, with wireless charging infrastructure being a potential solution for both cars and trucks.
- Plug Power Inc. has launched a high-power stationary fuel cell system for charging commercial EV fleets, tackling grid power limitations and infrastructure delays, while enabling zero-emission EV adoption and attracting interest from various industries, including delivery, rental car, and telecom.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
EPG is a staffing and recruiting company that is 100% focused on helping electric and autonomous vehicle clients hire the best people through their industry and product-specific expertise. To learn more, you can contact our CEO, Joe Rooney at Joe@EPGAmerica.com or schedule time on his calendar.