📜 Tax Day and Tax Credits
We had a fantastic time volunteering at the Denver Auto Show’s EV Ride and Drive Event last week. It’s been fascinating to witness the Auto Show’s evolution over the years, with the number of EVs increasing from just a few to over 30 this year. It was also wonderful to hear the impressions of first-time EV drivers. If you haven’t experienced driving an EV yet, give it a try – you won’t be disappointed.
“I’m an optimist in the sense that I believe humans are noble and honorable, and some of them are really smart. I have a very optimistic view of individuals.”
– Steve jobs
Lucid Pop Quiz
How many vehicles did Lucid produce in Q1 2023?
Happy Tax Day?
Today marks the most exciting day of the year – Tax Day! If you buy an EV placed in service from today going forward, you may or may not qualify for a tax credit. These are all of the fully electric vehicles that qualify for up to a $7,500 federal tax credit.
- Bolt EUV
- F-150 Lightning (Extended Range Battery)
- F-150 Lightning (Standard Range Battery)
- Mustang Mach-E (Extended Range Battery)
- Mustang Mach-E (Standard Range Battery)
- Model 3 Performance
- Model 3 Standard Range Rear Wheel Drive
- Model Y All-Wheel Drive
- Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive
- Model Y Performance
In other EV/AV News
- Lancia unveils its 10-year brand vision, Lancia Pu+Ra HPE, an electric vehicle offering a range of over 700 km, rapid charging, and a unique home-inspired interior through a collaboration with upscale furniture company Cassina.
- Introducing the 2024 BMW i7 M70 xDrive, the most powerful electric model in BMW’s portfolio.
- Fort Leonard Wood is partnering with local utility co-op Laclede Electric Cooperative to build and maintain charging stations as they aim to convert over 700 non-tactical vehicles to electric by 2035, with seven completed and 36 more in progress.
- As the Chinese market increasingly leans towards EVs, automakers are investing billions in EV development. At Auto Shanghai 2023, half of the displayed models were electrified, with Volkswagen, BYD Auto, BMW, Maserati, NIO, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, and Honda showcasing new EVs.
- Meals on Wheels of San Francisco plans to electrify two-thirds of its fleet with refrigerated Ford eTransit vans by 2027.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
EPG is a staffing and recruiting company that is 100% focused on helping electric and autonomous vehicle clients hire the best people through their industry and product-specific expertise. To learn more, you can contact our CEO, Joe Rooney at Joe@EPGAmerica.com or schedule time on his calendar.