🌩️ Buy Bolt or Bye Bolt?
Don’t waste your time browsing multiple websites and articles for the latest electric vehicle updates. Our team is dedicated to bringing you the most captivating and up-to-date EV stories in 5 minutes or less. Stay informed and save time with our quick yet comprehensive EV news roundup.
My definition of ‘innovative’ is providing value to the customer.
– Mary Barra (CEO of GM)
Lucid Pop Quiz
What is the name of the Lucid electric luxury SUV?
This is it. The last newsletter in April. We will pick a winner at the end of April. The winner gets to pick out any single item on Rivian’s Gear Shop for up to $50. To be entered, all you have to do is:
- Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter.
- Forward the newsletter to two friends and have them subscribe.
My Ideal EV
My top priority is my family. So, if I had to choose an electric vehicle, it would have to meet certain requirements:
- It should be roomy enough for the four of us and our stuff
- We need six seats so that we can easily pick up the grandparents from the airport
- It’s also important to have decent clearance so that we can make it to our mountain house without any trouble
- All-wheel drive is a must for those snowy days
Given these specifications, we’re most likely in the market for an SUV. That’s why we’re super excited about the Kia EV9 and its potential.
Oh, by the way, for the poll on Tuesday, 38% of the voters chose a crossover SUV for an EV that would best suit their lifestyle. SUVs came in second place with 31% of the vote. Pretty interesting, huh?
Top 10ish EV/AV News Stories (in no particular order)
- GM plans to cease production of its Chevrolet Bolt EVs by the end of the year, despite record production and sales, according to CEO Mary Barra. The Bolt EV and EUV models have been GM’s top selling EVs but use older battery technology.
- Regen options are back. Tesla is reintroducing adjustable regenerative braking settings via an OTA software update, allowing drivers to choose between “standard” and “low” options to suit their preferences and driving conditions.
- Joining forces for a greener future, General Motors and Samsung SDI will invest $3 billion in a new U.S. electric vehicle battery cell plant, aiming to create thousands of jobs and increase GM’s battery cell capacity to 160-gigawatt hours by 2026.
- Sysco’s Riverside Electric Vehicle Hub targets a 27.5% emissions reduction and 2,800 electric trucks in its U.S. fleet by 2030, revamping its distribution center as the core of its electric operations. Currently housing eleven Freightliner eCascadia tractors, the facility plans to deploy 20 by summer 2023 and will ultimately include 40 dual-port DC fast-charging stations for electric vehicles and refrigerated trailers.
- Driverless tractor-trailers are navigating U.S. highways, with autonomous driving technology company TuSimple developing heavy-duty, self-driving trucks that have completed hundreds of miles of autonomous deliveries in Arizona, aiming to commercialize by 2024.
- Partnering up, May Mobility and Via introduce Arizona’s first on-demand autonomous public transit service in Sun City, a 55+ community, to improve mobility for aging adults and demonstrate Arizona as a hub for testing autonomous vehicle technologies.
For more Electric Vehicle News and Autonomous Vehicle News, check out the rest of the free newsletter.
EPG is a staffing and recruiting company that is 100% focused on helping electric and autonomous vehicle clients hire the best people through their industry and product-specific expertise. To learn more, you can contact our CEO, Joe Rooney at Joe@EPGAmerica.com or schedule time on his calendar.